In the interest of public safety, most temporary special events where more than 75 spectators or participants are expected to attend require a permit. This restriction applies to events that involve one or more
of the following activities held on public or private property.
- Closing of a street
- Sale of merchandise, food or beverage
- Blocking or restriction of public property
- Installation of a stage, bandstand, trailer, grandstand, or bleacher
- Erection of a temporary structure, tent, marquee, portable building or toilet
- Placement of no-parking, directional, or any other identification sign or banner
If your event meets one or more of these criterion, please read the information below and contact the Central Permit Center for assistance. Please note that many of the application forms are fillable PDF's when downloaded.
Event Permit Applications and Information
Community Events Guidelines
Community Events Application
Community Events Insurance and Indemnity Agreement
Road Closure Permit Application
Parade Permit Application
Encroachment Permit Guidelines
Temporary Sign Permit
Vendor Permit / Temporary Business License
Sound Permit Application
View current Permit Fees here.
You may download the applications online or pick them up in person. All applications must be submitted in person at the Central Permit Center, located at:
555 Santa Clara Street
Vallejo, CA 94590
Phone: (707) 648-4328