Frequently Asked Questions

Fire Department/Prevention Frequently Asked Questions

Where are you located?
Our office is on Mare Island at 970 Nimitz Avenue, Vallejo, CA 94592. 

How do I request a copy of a Fire Report?
Copies of Fire Reports can be requested by email or by calling our office at (707) 648-4565 .   We will need the street address and the date the fire occurred. 

Is a fire inspection required to obtain a Business License?
Yes.  New businesses and any existing businesses with a change in location will require a Fire and Life Safety inspection before they are issues a Business License. The cost is listed in the Fee Schedule.  
How do I schedule an inspection for my Business License?
Please call us at (707) 648-4565.

 Who do I call about excessive/tall weeds?
To report a weed issue on vacant lots or within the East Vallejo Fire Protection District (EVFPD), please email us or call (707) 648-4565. You may also report any non-emergency maintenance issue via the City's online reporting tool, SeeClickFix.  Visit our page for information about Fire Prevention's role in weed abatement.

How do I submit for a Plan Review & what is required?
Please check the information on the Central Permit Center webpage for information about plan review.